Subject: Re: [Leica] Doing your own color
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 16:03:34 -0700

On 5/5/02 Don Dory  wrote:

>If this is a short term project then I would try renting a lab for the time
>required to process your film.  It should be possible to pay for time at a
>service bureau to run all your film in an hour or so if your needs run to 30
>rolls or so.

Renting a lab for this is won't work. The film and the negatives have to have
"positive control" inside a particular boundary. So a Jobo looks like the
answer. I was trying to understand how difficult it is to achieve good results
using the Jobo. Is it really just "set it up and let it go" and besides keeping
the chemistry correct there's nothing more to it?

Kewl.

I won't get a lot of opportunities to take 2nd shots so messing up a roll would
be a Bad Thing.

Keeping track of all the negatives etc is another issue. My plan is to scan
entire rolls at a time and keep the digital images on a disk and catalog them
daily.

Thanks

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Doing your own color)