Subject: [Leica] Seeing stars
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:16:01 EDT

...each of the images released has nearly 17 million pixels, compared to 5
million pixels it would have had if taken by a high-end consumer camera. --AP

Alan,

NASA used this new camera on the Hubble telescope. The images are amazing.
That 17 MP camera could be pro stuff in a few years if we figure out how to
process all that data in a short time. And then print it. Now we could
appreciate what film has been doing for over 100 years and Leica has been
doing for more than 70 years.