Subject: Re: [Leica] need information on my leica 35mm f2.8 bulleyes
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:34:18 -0400

Hi Paul,

How do i know the lens is focus to .65m ?  I know that I can move the
focusing tab to all the way on top of the lens.

When i focus, with and without the eyes, the image is aligned in viewfinder
at closest distance at 1m and that is where my focusing tab on the lens are
all the way at it end.
thank you for reply
Olivier

>From: P2CON@aol.com
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] need information on my leica 35mm f2.8 bulleyes
>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:00:41 EDT
>
>Oliver writes:
><<Snip>><<  I try to
>  measure the distance of .65meter and see it focus, I never get it close
>  it.  matter of fact, the closeet distance i can focus is 1.2 meter or 1
>  meter.  I try both with bulleyes on and bulleyes off. >>
>
>Oliver you did not say whether it was the lens not focusing to the .65
>meter
>marking on the distance scale, or the rangefinder not indicating alignment
>of
>the rangefinder patch at the .65 meter distance.  My Summaron with eyes
>will
>focus to the close distance and the rangefinder patch aligns perfectly.
>Without the eyes it will mechanically focus to the close distance but the
>rangefinder patch only goes to coincidence at 1 meter.  Actually the
>rangefinder patch alignment is never in agreement with the lens, (except at
>infinity), when the eyes are not on the lens.  It was designed that way.
>
>I would suspect that the eyes are the problem but not sure without
>additional
>info.
>
>Regards,  Paul Connet
>--