Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: All Canadian M3 Black Paint M3
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 21:35:29 -0600

Powder coating is applied electrostatically to a heated part. The part
is heated and electrically charged to attract the paint. The paint melts
and fuses to the heated part. It can be a very tough finish depending on
the paint composition. I have several powder coated bicycle frames that
will dent under a hammer blow but the paint will not be marked. It takes
a very talented operator to evenly coat small delicate pieces such as
camera parts.

John Collier