Subject: [Leica] How long does it take Leica NA to fix a lens?
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 21:35:44 -0400

I sent my 35 Summicron ASPH in for repair on Feb 8, I have yet to get it
back.  Is this normal?  The last report, about a month ago, was that
they are back ordered on parts.

Should I always expect such S#!& services or is this a special case?  I
am starting to think that if it always takes this long to get something
fixed, I should simply stick with cheaper gear.  I know that Nikon is
not always the quickest, but I could have bought four Nikkor 35 f/2 AF-D
for what I paid for the one Leica lens so that I always had a few
backups.

Sam

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: How long does it take Leica NA to fix a lens?)