Subject: [Leica] good news about the lug scholarship ....
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:35:45 -0400

two pieces of news:

	1) Scott Squire has just been Susan Meiselas Award for Documentary
Photojournalism, which will give him extra $$$ to put towards life in
romania. (clap clap)

	2) I've set up a mechanism whereby luggers can make a donation to
the scholarship fund via paypal, send your contribution to
lug_scholarship@hotmail.com. I've seeded the pot with the first donation.

	We're looking now at dates of May-August for Scott to be in Romania.
If anybody has contacts in the country, I'm sure he'd be grateful for them.
I'm also negotiating with several companies for donations of film, if
anybody has any contacts in that regard, that would be cool too.

	Thirdly, I'm just thinking that we should set up a scholarship
committee for next years award and hash out rules of the award (e.g.
portfolio submission rules, etc. etc.) maybe 7 people. anybody interested?
Also it seems to make sense that at project's end Scott will make available
a number of prints which may be purchased by LUG members for a price to be
determined and the $$$ from that will go to fund next years scholarship. It
would be nice if this thing was self sufficient. any financial lugwyers care
to be on the committee?
	Sorry this year's got off to a rocky start -- my fault entirely.
Next year will be even better.

	Thanks for all your help,

	Kyle

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] good news about the lug scholarship ....)