Subject: Re: [Leica] really off topic funding schools
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

Absolutely right
They are about as honest as everyone else. But they
are the only ones who are afforded so much protection
from scrutiny. No one should have this kind of deal.
Considering that even private colleges are heavily
subsidised, it's you who flips the bill. BTW: It's
really the whole industry that's responsible. In order
to be acredited universities must have a tenure system
of some kind. Similarly, for charities to be certified
they have to meet certain guidelines. the 70 cents on
your donated dollar are consumed meeting theat
criteria, via the most expensive path.
In both cases it's the requirements imposed to insure
standards that cause the lowering of the standards as
well as the high bills.
Javier