Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Digital vs Film
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:09:07 -0700

>Dave -
>
>Wait till you try the Leica Digilux 1 before you give up on digital  ;-)

Tina,

Everything said in the article you posted makes sense. I shoot both film
and digital, and while I shift from one to the other I'll don't see myself
letting go of either. I like both worlds.

Yesterday evening I went out with 2 cameras -- G2 and M6 -- as I often do.
I've already posted 5 G2 images on my web site under a new category --
Spring 2002. Here's a link to one image:

http://www.lightcurves.com/spring02/image2.htm

No adjustment -- though perhaps some needed -- other than sizing in PS. I
shot 70 images G2, just playing around mainly. 20 were out of focus because
I forgot to take the camera off close up mode.

I shot 10 frames with the M6 to finish a roll. The HP5+ negs are now drying
in the darkroom. They all turned out well. I'll probably get around to
scanning them in a week or so. For some reason, though film is indeed
cumbersome at times, I still like working with it. The 10 frames were kids
practicing lacross. Too much action to capture with the G2.

BTW. Thanks for posting the link to the Russel Brown tips page.

DaveR

Message from George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net> (Re: Vs: [Leica] Ansel Jnr ;-))
Message from "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.m.korhonen@uusikaupunki.fi> (Vs: [Leica] Ansel Jnr ;-))