Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica scholarship
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:22:06 +0800

Allan,

Your comments reinforces the notion the "charity begins at home."

I sense that Kyle has empathy for this individual and he is to be admired
for that, but I have to agree with you, Allan, as cold hearted as that may
seem.  If I were to prioritise needy, this young man would not qualify.  I
think his chances of success/failure depend on how much he want to do this
for himself...

What was that ancient wisdom "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
teach hime how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.."

Karina

- ----- Original Mes
sage -----