Subject: [Leica] Re: Cancer Story with some Joy
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:42:53 -0500

From: "Rob Appleby"
re:  http://www.sonc.com/relay/mark.htm

> At the risk of sounding mean, I don't see the story in the picture. It's a
> nice enough family album style snap, but certainly not awesome, IMO. A
good
> story doesn't make a good picture. Congrats on the fund raising, though.
> R.

I agree that the story is not in the picture.  That's why I shared it.  As
to it being a snap; well, this one was at f2.8 four feet away, backlighted,
I hope there is some merit in that.

I live in a small Southern town, 19,000 people; the dramatic is often not
present here.  I have tried to portray how it feels to live here in my
postings.  I like the picture, or I would not have posted it, but
my pictures don't always appeal to everyone, and that is as it should be.
People's tastes vary, and that's why they make so many flavors of ice cream.

Thanks for your comments, and your congratulations on our fund raising.  The
power of a community rising up to do extraordinary things amazes me.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> ([Leica] Cancer Story with some Joy)