Subject: [Leica] Re: My First Attempt With B&W
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:23:11 -0500

Kin,
    Looks like you are off to a pretty good
start!  I like the Chainsaw shot, but--and maybe
this is just me--not for the chainsaws.  I love
the top half of the picture, with the converging
lines of the wall and the ceiling. It's a lovely
study in a vanishing point perspective, and the
viewer's eye is lead directly to the bright snow
in the background. Plus you have such marvelous
detail and texture captured in the ceiling's
woodgrain.  I liked it cropped just below the
window--just my .02. What lens did you use?
    I used to ski race at Sugar Bush.  Nice
country, but stark and dang cold.
Regards,
Michael Gerard