Subject: [Leica] PWIFLI (not-PAW): Another little kid, on Neopan
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

This shot is from just a few days ago. I was trying out Fuji Neopan 400
for the first time.  I've been told Neopan 400 is "better" than Tri-X.
If you agree or disagree, you're cordially invited to say why.

This picture is from a baby shower at my workplace on a rare sunny Seattle
afternoon last week.. A colleague brought her daughter from day care,
and she was being generally adorable with a garland in her hair. 50mm
Summicron, 1/60, f/4, really bright backlight.

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/juttas_girl.jpg

Just for fun, compare this with a backlit shot taken 30 years ago, on
1970s Tri-X, with an old Dual-Range Summicron. In fairness, the older
picture was in a dimmer location. I suspect it was taken at a wider
aperture and slower speed, 1/30 or even 1/15 at f/2 or 2.8.

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/sorcerers.htm

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA