Subject: Re: [Leica] Summarit 50/1.5
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy
It's a very old design. I think it was based on a
prewar Schneider Xenon. The only other option in the
Leitz camp if you have a screw mount camera would be a
screw mount Summilux if you can find one and are
willing the ridiculous price. The summarit isn't a bad
lens but it's prone to flare and gets blown away by
both the Summilux and the old Zeiss Sonnar. One
alternative might be the
Nokton from Voigtlander

http://www.cosina.com/nokton50.htm

See Ya