Subject: [Leica] week 14 PAWs--12mm nudes
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:56:33 -0500

i'm finally getting week 14 PAWs up--i have absolutely no idea where i
should be chronologically.  these were shot with my new voigtlander 12mm
on delta 3200 developed in xtol.  this is the first time i've used xtol,
and i'm really impressed.  in fact, i like it so much i've ordered
myself a jobo CPE-2 and decided to start running a lot more of my own
film.  (this decision was encouraged, too, by my impending move to
chicago and the fact that i will no longer have unfettered access to a
frontier lab to process my T400CN.  plus, the jobo makes it so easy to
do a good job.  and it makes ilfochromes easier.  and perhaps even
home-grown RA-4.)

the 12mm is thusfar fun, though certainly too wide for any type of
"normal" photography.  it distorts a ton anywhere but right in the
center, and has a pretty significant amount of fall-off at the edges.
my biggest complaint is that it DOESN'T COME WITH A CASE.  this isn't
necessarily bad for the lens, which is a tough little cookie.  but the
viewfinder, which has a front element about the size of the windshield
on my '62 impala, seems terribly vulnerable.  i ended up ordering the
custom-fitted case voigtlander sells, along with the nifty little
bubble-level-viewfinder gadget.  i had a project i was planning on doing
with this lens before i left alabama, but i think i've run out of time.
i guess it'll be my excuse to get out of the house and AWAY FROM MY
MOTHER-IN-LAW over thanksgiving or christmas vacation.

anyhow, enough babbling.  i need to go to bed, as i have three days of
hard-core packing ahead of me, then a drive to chicago in a 17' u-haul.
ye gods!

the PAWs (as always, comments, criticisms, and sycophantic praise are
welcomed and encouraged):

http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"America sells everything with sex and then recoils when presented with
the realities of natural process."
	--Jock Sturges

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

All my family problems disappeared overnight.
We're all takin' Zoloft, and everything is fine.
My sister's teen angst just flew out the window.
Momma's so happy, she laughs all the time.
	--Patterson Hood