Subject: RE: [Leica] Simulating distortion on Photoshop
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:44:42 -0400

ROFLOL

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Javier
Perez
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 4:23 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Simulating distortion on Photoshop

Hi Everyone
I've been shopping for a new 28-70 2.8 zoom
and have been trying to get a feel for distortion in
the wideangle end. I'de like to simulate distortion of
up to -6 percent or so on a standard scanned print
taken with a 50 or 90 lens which I consider to be
distortion free. The problem is that if I go to
filters > distortion > pinch the effect I get is
nothing like the distortion effect you would see
produced by a lens. Does anyone know how to simulate
distortion more accurately on PS 4.0.? I know it
sounds kind of like I'm doing too much reseach here
but I can only afford one lens and I don't want to
blow it! So far I've discarded the Sigma the Phoenix
and the Tamron and am still undecided on the Tokina
ATX Pro. If that one gets discarded too (after seeing
what -3.91% looks like) then I'll have to start
looking at slower and/or narrower ones. I really hate
bad lenses you know! Particularly wideangles that
distort or drop light at the edges. I'de prefer to
loose edge resolution than light. Anyway, if someone
knows how to do this properly I'de sure like to hear
about it.
See Ya
Javier