Subject: Re: [Leica] Ansel Adams on PBS TV
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:18:08 -0400

The video encoded onto the DVD discs is standard (NTSC-PAL-SECAM) specific.
If you encoded NTSC (American and Japanese) video and your DVD player tried
to feed it into a PAL (Most of the rest of the world except France and the
old Eastern bloc) TV it wouldn't recognize it.

I've tried to import NTSC video into a DVD authoring program set for PAL and
it won't take it.

Mike D