Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Really Right Stuff Mounting Plate
From: DFangon@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:20:56 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/02 10:13:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
donalphilby@earthlink.net writes:

<< As for not damaging the bottom plate:  Get over it!  Or leave the camera
 in the box.

 We've had discussions here months (years?) back about codling cameras.
 My fealing is that you should hand it to someone else, let them scratch
 it up.  Then use it to go take pictures without any further worries
 about the condition of the beast.   :~) >>

As a practical user, I know how foolish it is to try and cuddle and baby any
camera.  You can't take it with you was what Sherry Krautter told me, about
the Ms.   If it gets scratched or nicked or whatnot in the course of normal
activity, so be it.  But if it is something avoidable, just a matter of being
informed, like say regarding clamps, I think that is also acceptable prudent
behavior without being anal about cosmetic condition of the equipment.

Dante