Subject: [Leica] Re: Really Right Stuff Mounting Plate
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:00:08 -0700

Dante Wrote:

>I would like to inquire from the list about the efficacy of the Really
Right
>Stuff mounting plate to the M6 to be used with Arca Swiss Ball with
quick
>release clamp.  Which is the best mounting plate so as not to harm the
bottom
>plate of the M6?

Dante,
I have one of the plates and also several for nikons and also Pentax67
(for which I don't have system anymore so they are available!).  They
are all beautifully made (especially the 67).  My complaint with the M6
plate is that it is overkill.  Too big.  But it is smooth and fits
perfectly.

As for not damaging the bottom plate:  Get over it!  Or leave the camera
in the box.

We've had discussions here months (years?) back about codling cameras.
My fealing is that you should hand it to someone else, let them scratch
it up.  Then use it to go take pictures without any further worries
about the condition of the beast.   :~)

donal