Subject: [Leica] Bared before the LUG
From: Claudia Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:22:38 -0500

Neil,
	Welcome to the world of LUG posting.  I've only been a citizen for
a month or so, but I can tell you that if you have a thick enough skin
to handle critiques, it will help you develop your skills and eye
quickly.
	I very much like the first four images in your series.  The first
tells a nice story of an ignored reader of scripture.  The second is
some good living sculpture.  The third gives us a dog's eye view--very
creative shot, and an inspired point of view in this one.  The fourth is
a nice surprise; the busker with the baby in a stroller is a wonderful
juxtaposition.  The colors are also lovely in this one--very vivid,
enough to make me want to try Kodachrome.
	I don't feel that the remaining shots are as powerful or
intriguing.  There are interesting elements in them--the woman's hair in
the foreground, the guy in a suit at what appears to be a fair, the
jerking horse, the point of view in the final shot.  However, these
shots lack the creative, storytelling power of the first four.
Certainly, not bad shots--though the blurred horse doesn't do much for
me--but, IMHO, not the gems that the first four are.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net