Subject: [Leica] Re: Nat Geo & Amount of film
From: "m" <matteo1970@fish.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:16:29 +0200

Allard's work is fantastic.
Think about the old cowboy standing under the American flag -- a classic. He has a book out, Portraits of America, check it out

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0792264185/qid=1019131524/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-9641846-5775364

I'm actually a fan of the black and white Frank/Faurer/Smith school, but it's hard to flame Nat Geo's color stuff -- their photogs really kick ass.

ps I'm Matteo from Milan, Italy. I was on the LUG last year, then unsubscribed, now I'm glad to be back

- ----------
    As to memorable photos in the Geographic, off the top of my head and no
particular order...
1.- Bruce Dale's time exposure of a 747 landing.
2.- Jodi Cobb's Geisha's Lips
3.- Jim Stanfield's Vatican and Paris Essays.
4.- Bill Allard's Peruvian boy in tears after one of the family sheep was
killed by a car.
5.- Joe McNally's shot from the top of the Empire State building.

- ---

Japan Search: http://japan.co.jp
Free  E-mail: http://jmail.co.jp