Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Scanning Scala
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 18 Apr 2002 03:03:33 -0000

Thanks, Robert.  It would seem a pity not to get a great quality scan from
Scala - it is one of my favourite films.  The transparencies are superb
too look at, just awful when scanned.

Karina

> Karina:
>
> I just tried some Scala too.  The problem is it is very dense in the
> shadows and your scanner in not up to the task.  The darker areas aer
tough
> for all but the best scanners.  I used a Polaroid 35plus which has a
Dmax

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Paris/BW/pages/GordonInRain.htm

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Paris/BW/pages/GirlsCrossing.htm

> The last image, shot at night, did not scan well.  When projected, you
can
> see the fibres in their jeans and details in their black jackets.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert
>

> At 06:08 AM 4/17/2002 +0000, kiklaas@iinet.net.au wrote:
> >I have a Canon 2710 - and struggle with getting any decent scans of
Scala