Subject: [Leica] Deathbed portraits [was: A scary moment !]
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:45:29 -0800

>This Thursday is a visitation for a fellow professor who died last week
>(lung cancer, age 60). I had thought about taking a camera to the
>visitation for a last image of him, but the idea of that is quite
>appalling. Have you ever seen anyone with a camera at a wake or visitation?
>Jeffery

Well, it ain't photographic, but there is a wonderful deathbed portrait of
Monet's lover Camille, painted by the man himself at her bedside as she lay
dying. His friends would later referr to him as "only an eye."

Guy

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Deathbed portraits [was: A scary moment !])
Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Deathbed portraits [was: A scary moment !])
Reply from "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Deathbed portraits [was: A scary moment !])