Subject: [Leica] Grebe chicks
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:31:25 -0500

From the Subject line, if you weren't a bird person, you might suspect
girls.  This past week has been a showcase of pretty bird shots on the
various lists.  But this is a short story about some orphaned birds.

When I tried to find pictures to identify these chicks, I really could
not.   I was at home Friday, so I scanned the chick, yeah, that's
right, I don't own a digital, and I really needed to figure out how we
could try to save them.

My friend GeeBee on the Leica IRC took one look, and said "they look
like Grebes."

I was off, and we made headway after that.  The birds survived for
five days in our care, but we just didn't know as much as mama did
about their needs.

Still, I have still seen no pictures of immature Grebes, so I though
I'd share this little story with you in pictures.

http://www.sonc.com/grebes/

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc