Subject: [Leica] Re: Flying with fiim
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:25:09 -0500

Austin:

>If there was a way to do some kind of in-camera back-up, or,
>I guess, you could just bring a notebook computer with you and do a back-up
>that way...  At least with film, if you screw up one roll, or a few
>pictures...all is not lost.

You could always swap memory cards and take backup images on another card.
Much the same way you'd spread out important shoots over several rolls with
film.

There are little USB gadgets now that are portable storage devices.  Plug
'em into a USB port, and then transfer information to/from them.  Wonder how
long it will be before there's a USB port on digital cameras and you can
just suck your pictures outta the camera without being near a computer.  :)

Eric

Message from "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> (RE: [Leica] Flying with fiim)