Subject: Re: [Leica] A scary moment !
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:47:29 -0700

> > I shot some unofficial candids at a few weddings, and drove the real
> > photographer crazy.
>
> --

Wedding photographers are often not so smart, rich, or tasteful.
Sometimes they are I'm sure not so professional.

By the way i don't have radio slaves but will sometimes use regular
ones, I've done about 120 weddings in the past 25 years. Only one in the
past 5 years.

If you're shooting Ektachrome 400 film why are you using flash?

Especially when it screws up the professional photographers set up? This
is funny?
Am I on the planet Xenon?
Why am i the only one who sees how rude and low minded this behavior is?

I say when there is a professional photographer on the premises who is
being paid by your host;
you do your best to stay out of thier way.
They is there to GET THE SHOT.
YOU can play with all the films you want.

Rude is a word which does not come close to covering it.
It is certainly rude to your HOST among other things.
"Ungracious" is a word which comes to mind.

What if you interfered with the preparation of the deviled eggs? Who'd
find that funny?

I hope a Leica was not being used. I somehow suspect it wasn't.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] A scary moment !)