Subject: Re: [Leica] The loss of any member is a loss for us all
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:11:48 +1000

Summed up in a nutshell, Alistair.  I was on the Greenspan website/forum
this morning and the news of Erwin's resignation has been blamed entirely on
LUG.
I recommended LUG to fellow Leica owner in Perth on Wed night and she sent
me the Greenspan site address, after reading what they said about the cause
of Erwin's resignation I too felt a bit uneasy and I have not denigrated
anyone on LUG..

I agree that we should be treating each other with mutual respect but I also
sense, at times, a total lack of humour, ie. those that take life far too
seriously - I thought the reaction  to tongue in cheek threads on lawyers
over the top, too much taken far too personally.  When I saw the thread
titled Word of the Lord - I was quite surprised that
there was not a barrage of response to the "perceived blasphemy" by some.

Erwin's shutter has come down permanently - it may open again in time - in
the meantime a lot of respect and an equal amount of humour can go a long
way.

Karina

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: The loss of any member is a loss for us all)
Message from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> ([Leica] The loss of any member is a loss for us all)