Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cron vs Lux
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:14:18 -0700

Karina states:

| Thanks BD, - I already have one fast lens so I would
propably lean towards
| the Cron.  My question, which was not clear at all, was
more about the
| variance in quality between Lux and Cron. (glass quality
etc).

Glass and quality are both to standards.  The thing is that,
imo,  different Leica lens series (Summicron, Summilux,
Elmarit, etc.) have different "family" characteristics.
What look do you want? Personally I have done my best to put
a set of lenses together with very similar
characteristics...  Where it is difficult to tell when you
change focal lengths.  I don't know what your "fast glass"
is, but if you like the look you might want to stick with
that lens line.

I suspect that this isn't very helpful, but it is my sincere
input.  (P.S.  my favorite look is the Summicron series
where wide open is nearly the same as stopped down)

Regards, Bill Larsen, Terra Bella, California

Message from "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: Cron vs Lux)