Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC.com banned
From: Emilio Perea <eperea@walkereng.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:04:32 -0500

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 07:57:22PM -0500, (SonC) Sonny Carter wrote:

> Well, one of the people I post to  has informed me that his company has
> blocked my webpage because of adult content.

> If anyone has any ideas, about this, I'd love to hear them.  I don't think
> my site has any "bad stuff"

> http://www.sonc.com

It is possible that this has nothing to do with your site at all:

% dnsip www.sonc.com
207.150.192.12
% dnsname 207.150.192.12
somehost.affinity.com
% dnsip somehost.affinity.com
216.185.159.21

Trying to open http://207.150.192.12 fails.  It is likely that there are
other sites hosted on 207.150.192.12, and one of them could be a porno
site.  If that is the case and the company is blocking by IP address, it
would necessarily block yours, no matter what your content might be.

FWIW, Websense (the service our company uses for this asinine purpose)
finds nothing objectionable about your site.

Emilio