Subject: Re: [Leica] Doc Clompus and His M7
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:05:32 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:
>>> What are the dimensions of the M7 compared with the M6TTL?<<

Hi Dan,
For what it's worth. I can't tell the difference from my M6 bodies to the M7
and I find it hard to believe some one can say they "feel a difference in
size or weight"  M6, TTL or M7 when they pick-up the camera.

And surely someone like myself who's had M6's in hand almost daily since '85
one would think a difference would be felt immediately .

My M7 came out of the box, yes it felt smaller, but only because it had yet
to have the Tom Abrahamsson Rapidwinder attached. But to physically feel a
difference without using a ruler or scale for weight it's the same body.

During many earlier posts when the M6TTL came on the market the "size" took
up a tremendous amount of screen space and I thought "wow they must have
made a monster" the way these guys are going on. When in reality it was all
a crock!

I understand there's some difference, is it immediately felt and seen and
will you see it? Only if you have a ruler and scale handy!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Doc Clompus and His M7)