Subject: [Leica] R in your 50-ties and above
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:00:00 -0700

Hi Victor
    I am rather new to the over 50 category so my milage may vary. I have
had no problems focusing the R8.  I wear thick glasses (5 diopters-ish) and
the R8 view grabbed me right off.  I like the fact that the view screen
does in fact have an adjustment to help compensate for imperfect vision or
old optical prescriptions.  That may be part of it.  Mostly the image just
seems to snap into focus when things are set right. I am having to adjust
my skills with a new wide angle lens but the others are super to use. Maybe
its the way the BOKEH sings in harmony with the crisply rendered main
subject as optimal focus is presented in the finder.

John Bohner
"The first man to raise his fist is the first one to run out of ideas."