Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [MUGers] 90mm f2 APO vs. Nikkor 105mm f1.8
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

- --- Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How old is your Nikon lens. The Leica APO is the
> latest and the greatest so testing it against an gold
> lens is not comparable.

    How very true.  And we do not know how much of the
lubricant(s) have desicated and coated the inner lens
surfaces with haze and dust.

    At the time of their introductions, the Nikkor
variations of the several older Zeiss designs were as eye
opening as the latest from Leica.....

    I agree with Dante though.  A wise man learns the
characteristics of the available lenses and uses them to
the best advantage.