Subject: [Leica] new black paint product hits this week...
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:34:04 EDT

Hey folks,

A lot of Leica news lately! Good to see that our favorite camera company is
doing well.

I hear from my rep. that the new LHSA .58 black paint M6s will hit this week.

These are going to be a release of 65 cameras to complete the "trio" of M6
TTL LHSA black paint .58/.72/.85 cameras. Pretty rare, no?

The price is expected to be the same as LHSA .85 cameras at $2695 and they
are both eligible for Leica Day and $200 mail in rebates making them cost
about $2,225.50 before shipping and after rebate if that ends up being true.
I have not official word on the price yet though.

Of course, there will be a limited number given to me, and probably they will
sell out on Leica Day, so it seems early reservation would be best in this
case.

This is one camera I think those who see their cameras as "investments" can't
miss on.

To me 65 pieces is WAY too little to fill the demand that is out there if
past black paint cameras are any measure. I have had inquires about this
camera as long ago as last September...& I'm hoping I get enough to fill
demand. I have taken NO orders yet as of this moment.

It will be strictly on a first come, first serve basis and I will continue to
take orders until all the units that I have ordered are sold. No deposits
will be taken, no guarantees of filling orders either. I will deal in a
on-hand mannor as much as possible with this one when I get them.

Of course, some black paint lenses will be made available on Leica Day as
well. Phone orders are invited and email inquires are quickly answered. I
think a 35 ASPH black paint with this camera makes one of the ultimate pairs
of mechanical "retro" wunder-kameras...and I think on this I will call one my
own!

bests,
Rich
www.photovillage.com