Subject: [Leica] Re: WAS: 21-35R First Slides NOW: FOCUSING WIDES!
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:55:15 +1200

Eric said:
> What you're at it, could you try teaching the man how to meter instead of
> just "lining up the blinking lights"?  The proper use of boxer shorts might
> also be an appropriate lesson plan, as well.  Maybe even one entitled
> "Public bathrooms:  why you shouldn't bring a camera inside."  :)

Not only should he have not taken the camera inside, he forgot to remember
all that wonderful childhood advice to chew your sushi before you swallow
it.

As for the boxers, that's probably not a bad idea Eric, but then what would
Ted clean his lenses with? We can't have him taking his pants off in public
to clean his lenses...or could we? I think we might best wait until senility
kicks in, trip up to Canada, and THEN convince him it would be a good idea.
We could just kick back and photograph the action. Not only is that a LUG
trip worth taking, but an excellent street photography assignment as well
:-)

Cheers,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the
passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                                            The Uses of Disorder
                                      Personal Identity and City Life
                                            -- Richard Sennett

OO