Subject: Re: [Leica] full time photogs
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:58:42 -0800

>--- Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> What are you trying to prove? I must have missed the
>> initial post...

Photophreak responded:
>2.  That most working photographers must use less expensive
>equipment because they are not paid well enough to amortize
>anything as expensive as Leica.  This is meant for those
>whose employer does not furnish their gear.
[snip]

I wonder about that. I always assumed that, PJs aside, a great many pros
worked in medium format, and that the workhorse MF camera was Hasselblad.
Now that may be an error on my part, and if so, my apologies. But if it
isn't...

I mean, the only time Leica stuff looks inexpensive is when you compare it
to Hasselblad gear!

Guy