Subject: Re: [Leica] Just have to share this! :-)
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 8 Apr 2002 06:05:46 -0000

LOL - actually I meant me - and that is funny because I travel cannot
travel by plane  without a couple of drinks in me - do not like having my
feet off the ground  - I'm one of those that watches the facial
expressions of the air stewards..., hideous I know but have not been able
to shirk that anxiety yet.  In the meantime DVT is the huger threat - so
those drinks may get me afterall.

> course!)<<
>
> Hi Karina,
> Don't know if you're considering jumping out of the plane at 80 or
whether
> you meant me?
>
> I did my first and only parachute jump solo a month after I turned 65, I
> figured if I waited any longer I'd be too old! ;-)
>
> Great ride, no I didn't take a camera, I figured I can't drive and talk
on a
> cell phone at the same time, so trying to take pictures and drive a
> parachute was going to be utterly impossible. ;-)
>
> At 80? No I think there are somethings in life I can pass over. Besides I
> figured I made the first jump 800 % successful, only tore some shoulder
> tendons on landing, so I don't want to press my luck for a 1000% at 80!
:-)