Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@vol.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:28:53 -0500

Photo Phreak wrote:

"I am curious.  Is there anyone on the LUG who earns his
living solely as a photographer ?  No part time school
teachers, or students part-timing. No semi-retired
photographers.  No second jobs.
    Only a full time PJ or studio photographer."

I'm in my 25th year of making my living solely as a photographer, unless
the fact that I occasionally write and sell a magazine article, usually
illustrated with my photos, disqualifies me. Ted Grant has been doing it
longer than I have, I'm sure, unless the fact that he picks up a bit of
change doing photo workshops disqualifies him.

But don't limit it to PJs and studio photographers. There are plenty of
people like me who do corporate, advertising, and editorial work (and
maybe a few weddings) almost wholly on location and only rent space when
we need to do the infrequent studio shoot.

Dave Jenkins
Kensington, GA

"The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion,
without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a
whole harvest of invention."
                                            . . .Francis Bacon

Replies: Reply from rheyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?)