Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:21:19 EST

In a message dated 4/5/02 4:01:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, pklein@2alpha.net
writes:

> When I'm out shooting, I try to use an my Luna Pro Digital as an incident
>  meter--I just stick the dome in full light and shadow, and then say to
>  myself, "OK, 1/500 at f/8, open up 3 for shadow."  Then I just go at it,
>  and I don't meter again unless the light changes.
>
> snip<

>  If I can't do incident metering, I just measure the palm of my hand in
>  lighting similar to the subject, and open up one stop. In other words,
>  your palm is a built-in gray card plus one stop.

Funny, never had any training but this is what I did with my IIIf and M4s
since forever until 1986 when I bought my M6. Correct exposure was never one
of my problems. Reading Peter's post, I realize now that with the M6, I
measure everything. Sounds like I am a prime candidate for any M7, once I
sell some gear.

Seth      LaK 9