Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:32:29 -0800 (PST)

- --- TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:
  . I still find the
> release a bit "notchy" compared to the M6 and other M's.
> You can feel the
> various "switches" for the meter and AE-lock and it seems
> that the travel of
> the release is a bit longer than on the M6.
    I have not had the pleasure of using a "6 or'7 yet.

    I grew up as a "kinda-sorta" country boy and got my
first rifle at age 8.  I was taught to "feel the trigger".
Most have a spot where the tension just barely increases
before shooting.
    I have found the same thing with some cameras.  You can
"take up the slack" and squeeze the shot off very smoothly
at the "decisive moment".
   ( uh oh, I hope this does not start that thread again ).

    I suspect you will find the same thing helpful with the
new cameras.  Gently press to take up the slack at that
second notch for a jerk free shot.

 It might
> loosen up with some more
> rolls going through it. So far I haven't taken it off the
> AE setting and the
> 10-12 rolls shot with it have been exposed right on. One
> minor beef though -
> the battery-cover is prone to coming undone

    If anyone on the list is a serious model builder, they
may recognize the name " Walther's Goo".  It is a soft,
rubbery adhesive sold in tubes.  I have found it to be
great for securing threaded parts that have a tendency to
loosen and "disappear".  It does not set "hard" or become
brittle and release.  A small dab on a thread or flange
usually does the trick.
    You should be able to find it at a shop that has model
railroading supplies.

=====
"Half the world is composed of people who have something to
say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say
and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost