Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 2002 PAW wk 13 -- John Brownlow
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:41:12 -0500

On 4/5/02 12:04 PM, "Michael Gerard" <geeman1066@earthlink.net> wrote:

>   Great shot!  I'm starting to get used to the 360
> view now.  There's a kind of surreal feel to this photo,
> which may just be part and parcel of the 360 view, or it
> may be due to the fact that I feel surrounded by the
> band when I look at.  The shadows headed in different
> directions also adds to the surrealism.  My favorite
> detail is the clown.  He's just standing and staring
> with his arms hanging at his sides. I'm imagining that
> he's furious that the band has stolen his crowd, and
> he's plotting revenge...or maybe that's just the
> perversity of my own mind at work.

IMO it feels surreal because the band look like characters out of a
children's book. The clown is (like most clowns) rather frightening and in a
way he is the key to the image. That's one reason I put him right in the
middle. I suppose I like it because it looks a bit like you just parachuted
into Toyland, and all the colors are a bit too bright, and maybe you
shouldn't have eaten that last mushroom.

Once you look at a few of these you start to treat the 360 view as a lens
like any other. They look quite normal to me now.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com