Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:30:08 -0800 (PST)

1. Zoom lenses don't compare to fixed focal length lenses for sharpness.
Why would leica want to reduce the quality of their M line?
2. The viewfinder in the M series has always been the way it is because a
ajor selling point for the M was the ability to see more information in
the frame so that you could compose intelligently. A zoom finder would
degrade that ability.
3. If you want a zoom finder in a rangefinder, why not get a Contax G2?

It would be a quantum leap for leica to do what you suggested, a leap
_backwards_

- -Mark