Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt 400/5.6
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:45:02 -0800 (PST)

- --- Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I just read that this lens is a 2 element design....
> It also has a
> wonderful following among the knowledgeable.  If the lens
> is truly a 2
> element design, part of te successful imaging quality of

    My memory tells me that you are refering to the two
F/6.8 s.

    As I remember a famous photographer was given one of
the prototypes to shoot the 1968 US conventions.  He did
good work at both covering the convention and creating a
backordered demand for the lenses that did not yet exist.
I think the first deliveries of the production lens were in
1970, shortly after I returned from 'Nam.

   The big attraction of the lens was its high contrast.
The two drawbacks were the length and THE PRICE