Subject: RE: [Leica] week 13 the usual half naked goth girlz in PVC....
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:24:01 -0800 (PST)

Kyle sez:

>i wonder if i'm getting tedious....
>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2002/13/index.html

No.

As for week 11 and 12 (the "Pieta" images), why don't you submit them to
the Brooklyn Museum of Art?  Then send prints to former NY Mayor Giuliani.
He will undoubtedly call a press conference, denounce your pictures as
blastphemy, and call for an end to funding of the museum.  This will
ensure museum attendence for the next year, make your reputation, and make
it less likely that St. Rudy could successfully run for President.  A
win-win all around.

#include std_post_9-11_disclaimer.h:  The preceding is not to cast
aspersions on Giuliani's handling of the aftermath of 9/11. It's just
that the civil libertarian in me cringes when I think of him riding
his post-9/11 popularity to the White House.

Seriously, Kyle, have you gotten any flack over your "Pieta" images?  I
found them very moving, and very humanizing of "tatooed, pierced Goths
with attitude.  But I can imagine that some might find it exploitive of a
religious icon.

- --Peter