Subject: [Leica] X3 Chip - End of Conventional Film?? (Off-Topic)
From: Justin Goh <sunsetat7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:05:00 -0800 (PST)

Anybody heard of the new X3 chip to be used in the
future digital cameras? The current digital technology
uses one color in one pixel while the X3 chip have
three different layers so all possible colors can be
contained in one pixel which will have the resolution
which, if I can remember correctly will have the same
resolution if not better than the 35 mm. I lost the
article so forgot the other details; I think it's from
newsweek dated March 25, 2001. This will start the
doomsday clock for the conventional film so they say.
Though I don't like digital cameras due to it's
short-life bodies and fast-changing technology, this I
found to be disturbing if you're going to purchase
expensive film-based cameras. According to the
article, this will materialized in 2-3 years time. Any
comments?

Mark