Subject: Re: [Leica] Dumb Question time...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:13:13 -0800

David Young wrote:
>>> Does remembering to turn the R8 "off" significantly extend battery
life?<

Hi David,
Can't answer your question as turning to "the off" position as it's becomes
as automatic as putting the R8 in the case. I don't think I've put it away
for any length of time without being set to off.

However, if the camera isn't jammed in the bag not turned off  and without
pressure on the shutter release, I don't see any reason why the batteries
should drain quicker without being activated.

Battery use only comes into play when you squeeze down on the shutter
release.  However, someone will undoubtly prove me wrong. ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from David Young <youngs@islandnet.com> ([Leica] Re: Vivitar (was: Metz 40-Mz on R8))