Subject: Re: [Leica] the fling is over/my search has ended
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:59:56 -0800

on 3/30/02 11:46 AM, George Lottermoser at imagist@concentric.net wrote:

> telyt@earthlink.net (Doug Herr)3/29/029:18 PM
>
>> the 280mm f/4.8
>> Telyt-V (last version) on the Televit rapid-focus grip.
>
> Do you mean by this that I could mount the 280 onto my 400 telyt
> follow focus tube and have it focus at infinity?
>
> George

Nope.  The televit is a different beast from the 400 f/6.8's follow-focus
tube.

The last version of the 280 f/4.8 can be unscrewed from its focussing helix
and mounted on the Televit using a simple but scarce adapter.  The other
lenses that can be used with the Televit are the 400mmf/5.6 and 560mm f/5.6.
The Televit was made in both viso and R versions.  The R version was never
made with the 3rd nul cam for R3 and later bodies, but the televit lenses
can still be used with exposure compensation with some bodies, or with the
later bodes (R6 at lesat, don't know about R5) with no compensation.  The
3rd nul cam can be installed on the Televit.

The viso verion of the Televit can be used on any R body using the 14127 or
14167 adapter.  The 14167 may or may not have the 3rd nul cam, while the
14127 does not have the cam.

 see http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/televit.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento