Subject: [Leica] Televit was -the fling is over/my search has ended
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:18:05 -0800

At 3:05 PM -0500 3/30/02, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/30/02 2:50:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>imagist@concentric.net writes:
>
>>  Do you mean by this that I could mount the 280 onto my 400 telyt
>>   follow focus tube and have it focus at infinity?
>
>NO NO NO, George, don't do it! The Televit rapid focus is a special mount for
>Visoflex to which can be fitted the lens heads of a number of long-focus
>lenses: the 200/4 Telyts, the 280/4,8 of which Doug wrote and a monster
>400/5. I am not sure whether or not the lens head of your 400/6,8 will work
>but I am reasonalby certain that the 280 head won't work on the sliding focus
>tube of hour 400/6,8.
>
>Now along will come Doug and say it's perfectly possible.
>
>Seth          LaK 9

You're right Seth, it doesn't work. The Televit was for earlier
lenses; the 6.8's have a completely different mounting system, and
they don't fit on the Televit. The front part of the 6.8 lenses have
the sliding focus mechanism, and while you can actually unscrew the
front of the lens, it's only good for taking out the lens group and
trying to start a fire with it (although it's none too good at that
as it is, of course, only f/6.8).

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design