Subject: Re: [Leica] digilux?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:46:11 +1100

>Hi
>I'm now seriously wanting a digital camera and was looking at the
>digilux 4.3, but have read that it's not a true 4.3mp camera as the
>model name would imply
>but a 2.4 instead and the 4.3 is a virtual figure concocted from some
>intepolation type
>enhancement. Whatever the case, is this camra worth having or should I
>go
>for the more popular stuff from Olympus or Canon? Is it overpriced?
>What's the best current deal on digital?
>Any advice is super appreciated
>Javier

I had the fuji version, and all I would say is that it is a fine snap
camera, and worked for me because all I wanted was its close up
ability, BUT, you do not have any control of exposure or DOF in any
real sense, and as a photographic camera I found it very frustrating.

It is small and therefore easy to carry, and for me, became to easy
to carry -- someone carried it away :-(

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin