Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro - Leica R vs Nikon, was Eric's PAW week 13
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:33:21 -0900

I have both a Macro Elmart 60mm f2.8 mid 1990s vintage and a similar (late
1980s) vintage manual focus 55mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor. Both purchased new.

Having shot a ton with both lenses on R6 (and FM2n) bodies under similar
situations, I would say both are superb lenses with the Leica lens being
slightly better at handling odd lighting situations.

The construction of the Leica lens is where I notice the difference. The
Nikon  lens is well made. the Leica lens is indestructible.

Mark