Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera bags, was A Land Without Lawyers
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:04:41 -0800

I never have anything of military origin while I'm shooting.
Years ago, laws were passed during student demonstrations in the 60's
about impersonating military personnel. Since many of the students wore
field jackets, as they were cheap and warm, it was a legal device to
make an arrest during a student action or demonstration. To my
knowledge, those laws have not been taken off the books, but I will
gladly stand corrected if they have.
Considering the propensity of the LAPD to fire rubber bullets directly
at the press, never mind mounted horse charges at photographers, I'm not
taking any chances.
I now never wear black at demonstrations.
Slobodan Dimitrov

 I went to the local army surplus, and bought a Swiss or German First Aid

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] WAS: Camera bags,and Lawyers NOW: USING YUR BRAINS & DRESS !)