Subject: [Leica] cri de coeur
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:54:31 -0700

I will try to answer this wrenching post... as a photographer,  but my response is
tempered by the fact that I am a physician, I  (sometimes) care for children with cancer,
and my wife had breast cancer.....

...your friend looks at this important moment for documentation,  but also as an
ending..... a swan song...."she will never be the same..."

 Support her... Tell her with your approach and photographs that she will be the same
person after her great trial, maybe stronger, maybe wiser.......

Use black and white film, photograph her soul,  especially her eyes, her  face.....her
hands,  close up.... tell her  you will do this again later, when she is well...

.......Steve

Replies: Reply from "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] cri de coeur)
Message from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] cri de coeur)